Friday 17 December 2010

Men and this place called the kitchen



Now..now, any lady who somehow gets to lay eyes on this words of wisdom, should imprint them in her mind and use them as a guide to approaching relationships.Any attempt made by a man to prepare food,no matter how feeble(i.e microwaving anything,fixing spaghetti etc)should be met with roughly the same amount of praise a parent might showers upon their infant when it walks for the first time... this might be one of the best piece of advice about men any woman could get.

The average man in a kitchen is as confused as a foreigner trying to make sense of the Japanese characters for the first time.Some of us should not even be let in
to the kitchen for security reasons.Now,while I agree that some of the best chefs today happen to be men,in the normal average man's mind meals prepare themselves and weddings plan themselves.

A few years ago I got a practical example why I am not
so good in the kitchen.I dragged myself out of bed at 8.00, it was cold and I would have preferred to stay in bed longer but I could not ignore my rumbling empty stomach anymore.I confidently made my way to the kitchen,took out some eggs from the fridge and proceeded to stare at them for a whole minute before I realized that I would be needing a frying pan achieve my goal.So I started the hunt for the pan somehow in the kitchen I never get what I am searching for, I kept opening cabinets and pulling out forks,large knives,larger knives..why are there so many knives in one kitchen?..anyway,after more than a whole minute of searching, I found the frying pan in the cabinet just in front of me. The cabinet was some inches above my head.Standing on my toes,I stretched my hand to reach the pan,but as I was taking it out,I lost balance and me,the numerous cups,plates and pans all went tumbling down.

The pan landed on my forehead leaving a painful reminder of my horrible kitchen experience.In the commotion, I had knocked down the eggs and they lay broken beside me.I slowly picked myself up left everything in a mess and went to bed leaving the messy evidence of my kitchen fiasco on the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment